Re: Looking for init.ora parameter

From: Big Al <db-guru_at_att.net>
Date: 2000/06/13

rspeaker_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> <<snipped>>
>
> Has anybody had experience with, or any information on, using multiple
> db writers on AIX instead of using the OS async I/O ?

No experience on AIX, however in Oracle8 I/O slaves have replaced db writers. This may be documented in Oracle7-->8 migration documentation. You can have multiple I/O slaves. Information on this is usually found in the install instructions for your specific operating system.

Al Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT