Re: Oracle vs VB/SQL

From: Mark Griffiths <mgriffiths_at_easynet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 19:15:00 GMT

Watch out for subtleties such as the fact that nearly **everything** sexy in Oracle 8 is either a cost-option or is only included in the Enterprise Edition.

My gripes to date:

Partitioning - cost option
Objects - cost option
Oracle Enterprise Manager Performance Pack - cost option (including the useful Tablespace Manager!!)
Bit-mapped indexes - only in Enterprise Edition

Hope this is of some use to you

Regards

Mark Griffiths