Re: Date default format

From: Rich Chopyak <rich_at_alpinetg.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 09:46:00 -0600

Ulf,

Thanks for the response. I've been able to get this to work if I alter the current session (ALTER SESSION SET...) from the client side, but from the online docs, there's this paragraph:

"You can alter the default value of NLS_DATE_FORMAT by changing its value in the initialization file and then restarting the instance, and you can alter the value during a session using an ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT command"

That sounds to me like I should be able to set it in the INIT.ORA file and have it be the default for all sessions. Maybe I'm wrong. It wouldn't be the first time:)

Rich