Re: Terminating Sessions

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: 2000/06/13

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:42:13 GMT, ctenos_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>How do I kill this sessions without using the Instance manager???? We
>are running 8.1.6 on a solaris machine (E250).... Is there like a kill
>command I could run from SQLPLUS from any other machine so I do not
>have to go and visit the mighty server???

To see what sessions are running (or hung):

select username, sid, serial#
from v$session;

To kill a speciifc session:

alter system kill session 'sid serial#';

For example, if you want to kill session with SID=10 and serial # 23, then issue this command:

alter system kill session '10 23';

You have to be logged on as SYSTEM, or as some other user with DBA privileges in order for these statements to work.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT