Re: GRANT question

From: Kevin Kirkpatrick <kjk_at_hrb.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:05:29 -0500

Yeah, I know of a simple solution to that problem. It is kinda like the "Rambo" way of doing it though. If you knock off the instance you will force the user to log back on. But actually, I am not sure why you aren't seeing the changes made in realtime, regardless of whether they are logged in or not. If I have a user logged into SQL*PLUS, me as the DBA can grant and revoke roles and the user will see those changes made immediately. For example if I revoke DBA from the user:

    REVOKE "DBA" FROM "MARKETING";
    REVOKE UNLIMITED TABLESPACE FROM "MARKETING";     ALTER USER "MARKETING" DEFAULT ROLE ALL; and the user types the following:

    select * from USER_ROLE_PRIVS;

The user will see:

USERNAME                       GRANTED_ROLE                   ADM DEF OS_
MARKETING                         RESOURCE                       NO  YES NO

When the user originally had DBA priviledges. Is this similar to what you are trying to do?

Good Luck,
Kevin