Re: GRANT question

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:50:30 GMT

A copy of this was sent to meyer_b_at_rocketmail.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:34:27 GMT, you wrote:

>Ordinarily, if I change the grants I've given someone, that change won't take
>effect until the next time they log on. Is it possible to force the change to
>take effect immediately, even if the user is currently logged on?

thats not right. Consider the following example:

SQL> select * from scott.bonus;
select * from scott.bonus

                    *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

SQL> l
  1* select * from scott.bonus
SQL> / no rows selected

The only thing that happened between the 1'st and 2'cnd select was that in another window, I granted SELECT on BONUS to my account. GRANTS and REVOKES are immediate...

>Thanks much,
>
>Bob Meyer

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

--

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Wed Oct 28 1998 - 09:50:30 CST