Re: Urgent: SET ROLE in a stored procedure

From: Marc Billiet <Marc.Billiet_at_hae.hydro.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 07:30:13 +0100

Unfortunately, you can't. Oracle will tell you : ORA-06565: cannot execute SET ROLE from within stored procedure

The new role you set, can possibly revoke access on the stored procedure you are executing at that moment. I suppose that is the reason why you can't do it.

You should change the role in the client application (SQL*Plus, Pro*C, Forms, Reports, ...).

Marc