US-TX-Dallas- DBA Consultants/Managers

From: Mark Allen <mallen_at_onramp.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 22:11:35 -0600

US-TX-Dallas- DBA Consultants/Managers

      _/_/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/_/    _/         _/
    _/                _/         _/    _/         _/
   _/                _/         _/    _/         _/   Providing placement
services
  _/                _/_/_/_/_/    _/         _/    to the high technology
 _/                _/                _/         _/     community for full
time and
_/_/_/_/_/    _/                _/_/_/_/_/      contract positions since
1978

Computer Professionals Unlimited has been recruiting for leading high technology companies since 1978. We place permanent and contract computer professionals with clients that range from local start-ups to the top fortune rated companies nationwide. All positions are fee paid. Our philosophy is to work quality not quantity assignments. Resumes are never released without the candidates permission. We encourage those candidates who feel they are among the best in their fields to forward a resume so we can contact you when an opportunity matches your skills.
** Important guidelines for responding to this posting ** Include the following:

1)  Specific position header.
2)  Complete current resume.
3)  Geographic preferences.
4)  Current and desired compensation.
5)  Career goals and technical strengths.

CURRENT POSITION POSTING:
US-TX-Dallas- DBA Consultants/Managers
Travel: 100%
(Potential for M-F travel, always home on the weekends) Point-of-need technical product expertise. These highly skilled experts apply in-depth understanding of third-party products and technical problems. The typical length of time at an engagement is 6 weeks to 3 months.

Preferred Skills/Qualifications
3-15 years of deep product knowledge. These professionals will be focused on the product, the product offering, and the solutions. A person with both production and maintenance DBA experience is preferable; however, a strength in one area is fine.
Database (Oracle, Sybase, Informix. DB2) experience ? 3+ years of experience with RDBMS
? Design, front-end knowledge
 Logical, Physical
? Production DBAs, back-end experience
 Troubleshooting
 Backup/Recovery
 Maintenance
 Operating Systems experience (UNIX)
Experience in a large, complex DBA environment Minimum of 10/15 Gig up to 50-100 Gig environment SUN, HP, IBM, RSC6000, Sequent hardware platforms. Mainframe DBA experience a plus Symetric Multi-Processing (SMP) Massive Parallel Processing (MPP) Professional Qualifications
? Solid communication and presentation skills ? Flexibility for heavy travel

Salary: Dependent upon the experience Special Benefits: Managers - 4 weeks of vacation

    Consultants- Paid overtime, 2 weeks

                                              vacation with the potential
for four weeks
Extensive training
Career Development Plan

    Profit sharing
    Comprehensive Benefits
* We will consider relocating people to Dallas, Chicago, or Atlanta. Preferred Skills/Qualifications
? 2+ years of hands-on experience with one of the following skills:  HP/UX
 Oracle
 Windows NT
 SUN Solaris/PDB/Java
 Image & Workflow Documentation/Viewstar/Filenet  Peoplesoft/Oracle Applications
 Networking

    Please respond to Mark Allen at:
    CPU-Computer Professionals Unlimited     13612 Midway Road, Suite 333
    Dallas, Texas 75244
    Voice : (972)233-1773
    Fax : (972)233-9619
    E-mail: mallen_at_onramp.net Received on Tue Oct 27 1998 - 22:11:35 CST