Re: how can i resolve TNS-Name?

From: Simon Hardcastle <simon_at_c-scon.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:45:37 +0000

Assuming that you are running M/S Windows 95 or NT..

In the Registry, set the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE/ORACLE_SID setting to the SID of your database. If you are not sure what your database is called, check your Services (via Control Panel) you will find an OracleStartxxxx and OracleServicexxxx where the xxxx is the SID.

If you do this, you can leave the Service name blank and the system will default.

Hope this helps

Simon