Re: Looking for a table difference (compare) utility.

From: David L. Cherin <dcherin_at_whitesands.com>
Date: 1998/10/21

I don't know of any tool that does this for databases. If it were me, I would
probably proceed this way:

  1. Export all the records both tables to ASCII files. You can use a 3rd party product to do this or you can devise your own using ISQL. This will work if the table isn't too big.
  2. Use a unix diff utility to diff the files. PVCS has a good one called VDIFF. You will also find a port of the famous unix product for Win32 on the Net someplace. Last but not least, there's WinDiff from MSFT. It comes with their resource kits and development products for free.

David L. Cherin
White Sands Technology, Inc.