Re: Oracle 8 Compatabilty

From: Joe Brown <joe_at_hopi.dtcc.edu>
Date: 17 Oct 1998 16:41:49 GMT

When working with backward compatibility issues, I've found it best to connect the the latest version of the database with the export util of the earliest release.

Not necessiarly the most redialy available option. But seems to be the best method to ensure error free migration.

8.0 -> 7.2 data migration.

Use a Exp72 against the 8 database to extract the data.

If this works, then imp72 should go w/o problem 1.

--
(: Joe Brown :) joe_at_apache.dtcc.edu I believe Wine is going to be great if it ever gets finished. . . I believe Linux _is_ great even though it's not finished! ! ! I believe you have my address. :-) Received on Sat Oct 17 1998 - 11:41:49 CDT