Re: newbie Q: which www interface for Oracle?

From: BBQ <warp_at_internetcom.com.br>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 12:18:05 -0300

I guess this one falls into the "other ideas" categorie...

Since your target audience IS the web, I'd avoid output in Java since you still have people out there with very slow connections (which is my case).

I still think the CGI approach to user interaction is the best way to go. In your case, on UNIX I'd use Perl for scripting, and DBD/DBI for the interface with the Oracle DB.

If you're on NT, then I don't know what can be done. I have friends that tell me ASP is quite easy to use...