Which version vc++ odbc to access oracle

From: <choulasj_at_fairfax-emh1.army.mil>
Date: 1998/10/14

I am writing an api in c that is called from a vb client/server application to interface with an Oracle database.

The interface will perform two functions; interactively execute a simple SQL statement, and nightly (or according to scheduled jobs) perform uploads and downloads of multiple records.

The application calling the interface is a Client/Server system running SQL Server 6.5 on NT 5.0. The target is Oracle 7.3.2 running on an IBM Risc 6000. Currently we have Visual C++ 4.0 (ODBC 2.10).

Do I need to upgrade to VC++ 6.0? I believe that this should be implemented as a dll, but it has been suggested to write an NT service to perform this task, any comments for or against, also coding and approach tips would be appreciated.

jim choulas