ODMG dev. OLite and C++

From: Chip Paul <cpaul_at_resgen.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 14:58:23 -0500

I recently downloaded Oracle Lite for use in an application database, and was looking through the API documentation at the ODMG object stuff. I was a little disappointed that there was no C++ sample code included. So I started trying the examples in the docs. Evidently you need to use the Schema capture tool (not named in the docs). After looking through the bin directory, I found a cmdline tool called "ootsc" that looked like the beast I was looking for. Once again, no info in the docs. I finally got it to run, and it died looking for a "cl" program. *sigh*

Can anyone offer any suggestions or help? Is anyone else trying to do ODMG related stuff?

Please CC me any followups.

Chip Received on Wed Oct 14 1998 - 14:58:23 CDT