Re: Getting IP address of client

From: Mike Layng <mlayng_at_micomine.com.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 08:19:47 +0800

Hello Thomas,

Firstly thanks very much for your answer - I was beginning to tear my har out until you and Russ gave me advice.

>You see, owa_util is initialized by the webserver -- if you are not using
the
>webserver then owa_util has NULLS all over it...

When you say using WebServer, what exactly do you mean. I use WebServer to map virtual directories and to basically make my machine an Internet web server, but I do not use cartridges and such to web enable my forms. I use what the manuals describe as the "static method of web deployment".

>If you are not using the webserver you can use the AUDIT_TRAIL feature to
get
>this info in 7.2 and up. Here is a sample:
>
>-- IP package

I tried this. The IP address that it returned was the address of the machine that hosts the database and the web server. I actually need the address of the client machine. Is this an Oracle setup issue perhaps.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My deadline is getting dangerously close :)

Thanks,
Mike.

>Thomas Kyte
>tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
>Oracle Government
>Herndon VA
>
>--
>http://govt.us.oracle.com/ -- downloadable utilities

-
>Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle
Corporation