Is there any HIGH_VLAUE or LOW_VALUE for numeric comparision

From: <suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 10 Oct 1998 15:05:32 GMT

Hi:

If I want to trap the NULL numeric value, I want it compare with the HIGH_VALUE to avoid the following situation. For instance,

  v_number NUMBER(5) := 99999;
  v_compare_value NUMBER(10) := NULL

  If NVL(v_number, 99999) = NVL(v_compare_value, 99999) THEN     do somthing;
  END IF; The above statement will be TRUE as they are both 99999.

--
Best regards, Received on Sat Oct 10 1998 - 10:05:32 CDT