Oracle7 netlibs working on Oracle 8 box?

From: Barry Roomberg <broom_at_nospam-voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 22:31:59 -0400

I'm trying to run ColdFusion on a Solaris box that has oracle 8.04. Cold Fusion ODBC drivers requires Oracle 7 libraries to speak to oracle.

I've installed the libs and setup a tnsnames.ora entry, which I can utlize
with old SQLPLUS 3.x, but I can't get it to pick up my env ORACLE_SID. To make sqlplus work, I have to use the syntax: sqlplus user_name_at_ora_sid.
I need to env var to work for the ODBC driver to pick it up. any ideas?
Thanks Received on Tue Oct 06 1998 - 21:31:59 CDT