(NEW) very interesting thing about migrate db from different OS(oracle 9.2.0.4,not 10G)

From: biti_rainy <biti_rainy_at_itpub.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:23:56 +0800

hi,all

we find a very interesting thing:

we copy the WINDOWS2000 datafile to linux (they have the same byte order)

and , dd a linux datafile header to cover the windows datafile header(the header block is not include in dba_data_files),the block is not seem in database ,it is for OS. ls -l can see ,the datafile size is bigger than dba_data_files for one oracle block.

when we change the OS file header,we can create controlfile and open the database ,and we can query /create table ... etc.

the db version is oracle9204,not 10g. and someone told me that he can copy the datafile from windows and solaris for x86 pc to linux , and not change the header with oracle8i.

is there someone can discuss it?

Best regards
msn: biti_rainy_at_hotmail.com
a dba from alibaba(china)