RE: dba interview questions

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:59:33 -0800

I've been in the position for over 10 years now in which this was a candidate algorithm for making decisions. It doesn't work. If you make decisions this way, you'll ultimately lose your good employees, your job, or--if it's not stopped--your whole business. It just doesn't work, because to survive in business you have to be *competitive*.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com

Upcoming events:

- Performance Diagnosis 101: 10/28 Phoenix, 11/19 Sydney
- SQL Optimization 101: 12/8-12 Dallas
- Hotsos Symposium 2004: March 7-10 Dallas
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...